If you have laminate floors in your home, you probably love the way they look when they’re clean. But did you know that with a few simple steps, your floors can shine like new every time you clean them? We’ve put together a list of tips to keep your laminate floors shining and looking great for years to come. In this article, you’ll learn how to make laminate floors shine.
Why Do Laminate Floors Become Dull?
Regular cleaning and laminate floor polish is probably enough to keep them looking great. But the problem is that when you clean the floors, you are using water and soap-based solutions. This can cause a dull haze to appear over time. This dull haze is caused by a buildup of dirt and other contaminants that get trapped in the pores of your laminate floors.
Once this dull haze begins to appear, it’s very difficult to get rid of it. The only way to do so is through a professional cleaning process that uses special equipment and chemicals that are made specifically for laminate floors.
Different Ways to Make Shine Laminate Floors!
As you can see, it’s pretty easy to dull your laminate flooring if you don’t take proper care of it. And once that happens, your floors will never look as good as they did when they were brand new. So if you are wondering how to make laminate floors shine? Fortunately, there are some ways that you can help keep your laminate flooring shine and looking great even after years of use.
Related: How to Clean Linoleum Floors?
Spray on a Damp Mop.
If you don’t want to invest in a hard floor cleaning machine, you can use a damp microfiber mop. Simply spray the laminate floor cleaner onto the mop and then wipe down each section of your floor. You may need to go over it twice if your floors are particularly dirty.
Once you’ve gotten rid of any remaining grime, finish off with a coat of wax using clean strokes in one direction only (this will prevent scratches).
Use Water and Vinegar.
It’s not a conventional method, but vinegar is actually a great cleaner for laminate floors.
To clean the floor with water and vinegar:
- 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1/2 cup rubbing, alcohol Spray bottle, Microfiber mop.
- Add one cup of vinegar to two buckets full of warm water. You can use this solution to mop your floor with a sponge or mop (which will clean the floors more thoroughly).
- Once you’ve finished mopping, don’t let the floor dry before you wipe it dry with a clean towel. If you do let your laminate sit too long after cleaning, mineral oil may form on top of it; this can cause scratches and dullness in your floors.
- Don’t use this method on unfinished floors—it will damage them over time!
You Might Also Like:
Use Liquid Wax
If you have a liquid wax cleaner, you can use that to clean your laminate floor. This method will not only leave your floors shiny and beautiful, but it will also protect them from scratches. You can usually find this type of cleaner in the wood flooring section of most home improvement stores.
Liquid wax cleaning solutions are also eco-friendly and safe for pets, which means you won’t have to worry about your family members being exposed to harsh chemicals while they play on the floor.
Clean up Spills Quickly.
When you spill something on your laminate floor, clean it up quickly and easily. Use a damp cloth or paper towel to wipe up the spill, then use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the liquid. You should also use a wet-dry vacuum to clean up dust and debris from your floor. This will help keep your laminate looking beautiful for years.
Wipe the Laminate Floors with Wet Cloth.
The first step is to wipe the laminate floors with a clean, damp cloth. You can use a microfiber cloth if you have one, but any old towel will do just fine. To ensure that your cloth is damp enough, run it under warm water and wring it out until it’s not dropping anymore, but still slightly damp. Then gently wipe the laminate floors in a circular motion; you don’t want to scrub too hard or you’ll risk damaging the surface! If this makes your floor look shiny again, then awesome! Keep going until all of the grime has been removed from your laminate flooring (or until you’re satisfied).
Then—and this is important—don’t use dry towels at all when cleaning laminate floors! It’s best to let them dry naturally after mopping them up with water; if they’re wet too long then mold can grow in them and who wants mold growing on their floors? No one does that’s who!
Check out our others Cleaning Articles:
- How to Deep Clean Vinyl Floors
- How to Clean Linoleum Floors
- How to Wash Couch Cushion Covers
- How to Polish Stainless Steel
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Sink Hard Water Stains
Avoid Abrasive Cleaning Pads
The abrasive cleaning pads that you’ll find in many stores to use on laminate floors are designed for cleaning hardwood and tile. They’re not made for laminate, which is why it’s so important to avoid them. If you try using one on your laminate flooring then you could end up damaging it beyond repair!
- Use a soft-bristled brush. The most effective way to clean laminate floors is with a special floor cleaner and microfiber cloths. These can be found at any hardware store, or you can barter with your local cleaning person for the best deal on these supplies.
- Be generous with your application of the product! One bottle will last for years, so don’t skimp on this step!
- Wait for it to dry before applying another coat of polish (which should also be applied generously).
Sweep and Vacuum Regularly
Sweeping and vacuuming regularly will help keep your laminate floors looking their best. Sweep the floor daily with a soft bristle broom to pick up dirt and dust. Vacuum weekly using a vacuum that is designed for laminate floors. This will help remove any loose debris and prevent scratches from happening during regular use of your home.
There are many ways to make laminate flooring shine, but there are also a few things you should avoid. First of all, if your laminate floor is dull and has lost its shine, start by vacuuming it thoroughly. Then take some vinegar and pour it on a rag or sponge and wipe over the floor with the vinegar solution. You will be amazed at how easy it is to bring back that shine!
How to Make Laminate Floors Shine Naturally?
Laminate floors are great for many reasons, but they don’t come with a built-in shine. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of our favorite ways to make laminate floors shine naturally!
1. If you have a steam mop, you can use it on laminate floors. This will help clean the surface and add some extra shine!
2. You can also try a solution of 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup water mixed together in a spray bottle, then sprayed onto your laminate floor and wiped away with a microfiber cloth or paper towels. You could also use Lemon Pledge for this if you don’t have vinegar on hand!
3. If you want something even simpler than that, just use an old toothbrush or nail buffer to buff up your laminate floor!
How to Make Laminate Wood Floors Shine?
If you want to make your laminate wood floors shine, this article is for you!
Here are the steps:
1. Put on your rubber gloves and eye protection.
2. Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
3. Spray the floor with the vinegar solution and let it sit for 5 minutes.
4. Wipe up any excess liquid with a rag or sponge until the floor is completely dry again—you may need to repeat this step several times until all of the discolorations is gone!
How to Polish Laminate Floors?
1. Clean the floor with a damp cloth and mild soap. Use a vacuum to remove any loose dirt or debris from the floor.
2. Apply a thin layer of wood floor polish to the floor using a soft rag. Wipe the polish in a circular motion, beginning at one corner and working your way across the room.
3. Allow the polish to dry completely, then buff it off with a clean rag or microfiber towel until it shines.
Explore Our Others Installation & Repairing Articles: