What is Dicalcium Phosphate?
Dicalcium phosphate is the sodium salt which is derived from phosphate rock by using the simple chemical reaction between sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) and phosphoric acid (H3PO4).it is an industrial chemical which is used for many purposes. The most popular uses of these chemicals are in animal feeds, and fertilizers and also used in food industries.
Di calcium phosphate is also known as mono-Dicalcium phosphate and monocalcium phosphate. dicalcium is also used in the process of making fertilizers and also in food preservation.it is found in some toothpaste as a polishing agent and is a biome trial.2H2O) is a chemical which produced through precipitation from bones or inorganic material. For the purpose of the present opinion Dicalcium phosphate is defined as a chemical (CaHPO4. 2H2O) obtained from degrease bones which are demineralize by hydrochloride acid treatment and precipitated by a saturated lime solution.it can be easily find out it is a mineral which belongs to the calcium phosphate family.
Calcium Phosphates are salts obtained from Phosphoric Acid. The substance is used, among other things, as a dietary supplement, antacid or for the treatment of calcium deficiency. The prefix “di” in the common name is formed because the formation of the compound consists in removing two parts of Phosphoric Acid. The final product appears in the form of a white powder.
Benefits of Dicalcium Phosphate
- Dicalcium phosphate holds calcium which is necessary for healthy bones, muscles, heart and blood, and Phosphorus.
- The proper amount DCP is necessary in the body for healthy bones, teeth and cell.
- Providing the body, with a sufficient amount of Phosphorus which enables for the proper functioning of nerves and muscles.
Benefits in Cattle
- It improves optimum milk secretion
- Prevents milk fever
- Improves heat onset,
- Promotes efficient feed utilization
- Improves muscles and joint strengths
Benefits of Calcium
Calcium is a mineral most often associated with healthy bones and teeth, although it also plays an important role in blood clotting, helping muscles to contract, and regulating normal heart rhythms and nerve functions.
- Help form bones and teeth.
- Help maintain body strength.
- Assist in the movement of muscles.
- Assist with nerve messaging between the brain and body systems.
- Help blood flow as vessels relax and constrict.
- Release hormones and enzymes that support body functions.
- Supports bone health. Calcium intake is needed for bone development from childhood through adulthood
- Helps regulate muscle contractions
- Helps maintain weight
- Strengthens teeth
- Transports nutrients
- Lessens PMS
- Supports heart health
- Balances pH levels
Benefits of Phosphate
The main function of phosphorus is in the formation of bones and teeth. It plays an important role in how the body uses carbohydrates and fats. It is also needed for the body to make protein for the growth, maintenance, and repair of cells and tissues.
Difference Between Calcium and Phosphorus
- Calcium is a nutrient that all living organisms need, including humans. It is the most abundant mineral in the body and vital for bone health.
- Humans need calcium to build and maintain strong bones, and 99% of the body’s calcium is in the bones and teeth.
- Calcium occurs naturally in many foods, and food manufacturers add it to certain products. Supplements are also available.
- People can obtain calcium from a range of foods and drinks.
The following are good sources Trusted Source
- Yogurt, milk
- fortified dairy alternatives, such as soy milk
- sardines and salmon
- cheese, tofu
- green leafy vegetables, such as broccoli, turnip leaves, watercress, and kale many fortified breakfast cereals
- fortified fruit juices
- nuts and seeds, especially almonds, sesame, and chia
- legumes and grains
- cornmeal and corn tortillas
- Almost all calcium in the body is stored in bones and teeth, giving them structure and hardness.
- Phosphorus is a mineral that naturally occurs in many foods and is also available as a supplement.
- It plays multiple roles in the body.
- It is a key element of bones, teeth, and cell membranes.
- It helps to activate enzymes, and keeps blood pH within a normal range.
- Phosphorus regulates the normal function of nerves and muscles, including the heart.
- And it is also a building block of our genes, as it makes up DNA, RNA, and ATP, the body’s
- The kidneys, bones, and intestines tightly regulate phosphorus levels in the body. If the diet lacks phosphorus or too little phosphorus is absorbed, several things happen to preserve its stores and try to maintain normal levels
- The kidneys excrete less phosphorus in urine, the digestive tract becomes more efficient at absorbing phosphorus, and the bones release its stores of phosphorus into the blood.
- The opposite actions occur in these organs if the body has adequate phosphorus stores.
- Phosphorus is needed for the growth, maintenance, and repair of all tissues and cells, and for the production of the genetic building blocks, DNA and RNA.
- Phosphorus is also needed to help balance and use other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D, iodine, magnesium, and zinc.
Dicalcium Phosphate Uses
- Di calcium phosphate is mainly used as a dietary supplement in prepared breakfast cereals, dog treats, enriched flour, and noodle products.
- It is also used as a tableting agent in some pharmaceutical preparations, including some products meant to eliminate body odor.
- Di calcium Phosphate is a white, tasteless, microcrystalline powder that is frequently utilized in foods and beverages as a buffering agent, a dough modifier, an emulsifier, a leavening agent, a nutritional supplement, or a stabilizer.
How to Use Di Calcium Phosphate?
Dicalcium phosphate supplements are available as pills, capsules and in complexes for bone support. You can also take Di calcium phosphate powder. As a dietary supplement, take 2,000 mg (rounded 1/2 tsp.) once or twice daily, or as directed by your physician.
What is Dicalcium Phosphate Used for?
It may be used to treat conditions caused by low calcium levels such as bone loss, weak bones, decreased activity of the parathyroid gland, and a certain muscle disease.
Is Di Calcium Phosphate Safe?
The substance has been approved for use in food production by many institutions responsible for food safety. Di calcium phosphate is safe for health.
Dicalcium Phosphate Side Effects
Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects. Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects like,
- loss of appetite
- unusual weight loss
- mental/mood changes
- bone/muscle pain, headache
- increased thirst/urination
- Unusual tiredness
Dicalcium Phosphate Application
- Dicalcium Phosphate feed grade is a component of animal feed as a source of Phosphorus and feed corrector. Thanks to this mineral, feed rations meet the needs of animals and improve their body growth and fertility.
- Dicalcium Phosphate is also commonly used in the pharmaceutical industry, most often for extended-release tablets.
- Every day we find it in dog treats, ready-made breakfast cereals, pasta products or enriched flour, among others.
- The substance is also used in the manufacture of selected pharmaceutical preparations, poultry feed, some calcium-containing dietary supplements and toothpaste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Dicalcium Phosphate Natural?
Dicalcium phosphate is usually synthetic, but there are some small, limited deposits from natural sources, such as monetize. Dicalcium phosphate might be obtained from roasting bones, but most bone sources of Dicalcium phosphate are precipitated by using strong acids prohibited for organic production.
What is Another Name for Dicalcium Phosphate?
It is also known as dibasic calcium phosphate or calcium mono hydrogen phosphate.
What is Dicalcium phosphate made from?
Dicalcium phosphate is defined as a chemical (CaHPO4. 2H2O) obtained from degreased bones which are demineralized by hydrochloric acid treatment and precipitated by a saturated lime solution.
What is the Difference Between Calcium Phosphate and Dicalcium Phosphate?
- Dicalcium Phosphate is calcium phosphate having the chemical formula CaHPO4 and its dehydrating.
- . Dicalcium phosphate has a HPO42- anion per molecule.
- Monocalcium phosphate is a calcium phosphate having the chemical formula Ca (H2PO4)2.
- Monocalcium phosphate contains two H2PO4– anions per molecule.
What is the Use of Dicalcium Phosphate in Poultry?
Dicalcium phosphate is an essential mineral which involved in the metabolism and development and it is commonly used as a dietary source of phosphorus (PT) for poultry.
What is the pH of Di Calcium Phosphate?
The pH of this solution is 10.7.